Vabatahtlikuna kuueks kuuks Hispaaniasse
VOLUNTEERING IN ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS
DURATION: 5 and a half months (173 days + 2 travel days), the service will start in september 2019
TRAVEL: The cost of the trip will be reimbursed (maximum € 360 per round trip)
EXPENSES: All expenses included (Accommodation + expenses + meals + pocket money)
LOCATION: Eco Village Nidolea, Caleta de Vélez, MÁLAGA (SPAIN)
About Caleta de Vélez https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caleta_de_V%C3%A9lez
About Málaga https://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/M%C3%A1laga
The collaboration of the volunteers takes place from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday and on an intensive Saturday of the month. The tasks assigned are:
- Accompany the children in their own learning.
- Guide some group and individual activities.
- Mediate conflicts when necessary by offering emotional management tools and autonomous resolution of them. Using guidelines of Nonviolent Communication.
- Observe the free and spontaneous play of girls and boys to detect needs and motivations.
- Schedule activities for different levels, rhythms and interests.
- Prepare teaching materials
- Design and preparation of spaces based on permaculture
- Organization and dissemination of events
- Realization of excursions through nature
We are looking for 2 young people from Estonia aged 18 - 30 with the following profile:
Languages: Needs a certain level of English proficiency and a basic level of Spanish.
Training: It is valued that they have training in Education, Pedagogy, Sociology, Childcare, Anthropology, Languages.
Experience: We value that they have experience in: childhood, education, environment and sustainability
Attitudes and aptitudes: People who wish to learn and be trained in active methodologies, respectful education and for sustainability. In the process of personal growth.
The patient, calm, observant and cheerful character is valued. As well as good organization and planning.
Envíar C.V. and motivation letter, and a short video explaining why you want to participate in our project to:
ABOUT OUR ENTITY
ALAS Comunidad Eco Educativa is a non-profit association, founded in Malaga in 2014 by education professionals, families and students. We develop socio-educational innovation projects oriented to the whole community. Some of the projects carried out are:
- Drawing hope: A group of adolescents of social exclusion organizes and develops a football tournament to raise funds, with which artistic murals will be made in the Maternal and Child Hospital of Malaga, oncology area.
- Learning to be: Workshops taught at I.E.S. Public Institutes, with high school students, where they work on gender issues, trans-gender, self-esteem, feminism …
- La Manada School House: Educational space for girls and boys from 1 to 6 years old, and their families. We work under the Multiple Intelligences approach, integrating several active pedagogies and methodologies.
More information: https://asociacion-alas.org/la-manada/
PROJECT OF ALTERNATIVE SCHOOLS
LA MANADA SCHOOL HOUSE
Home located in the Montes de Málaga Natural Park, 10 minutes from the center of Malaga. It welcomes a small number of kids from 1 to 6 years old, and their families.
We work under the Multiple Intelligences approach, integrating several active pedagogies and methodologies. Our objectives are:
- Offer children a family place in which to satisfy their need for learning and play, where they are allowed to grow and develop at their own pace.
- Create a space with families to reflect and share new educational parameters and conscious parenting.
- Build your identity, discovering and valuing your inner wealth, developing talents and overcoming difficulties (multiple intelligences).
- Awakening love and respect for Nature and its resources.
- To know, live and enjoy the traditions and global cultural wealth, with a critical spirit reconstructing it towards a culture of peace and solidarity.
- Discover all forms of communication and expression that human beings have that help us communicate with harmony and freedom: art, music, dance, theater ... as well as promoting multilingual wealth by approaching different languages and languages
Throughout the 2018-2019 academic year the collaboration between the Casa Escuela and GAIA School project begins, to give continuity to the project in the primary stage (6-12 years).
This post has 16 replies